You are here
Draw specifications for allowing WBC to be ported to a Scratchpad
We are interested in doing some local development with the Scratchpads code - does the development team have any suggestions for which IDE to use?
Shortcuts (wheels) for editing pages, photos, etc. are missing throughout the site when working on the site away from the NHM. They are present when working in the NHM.
The Tinytax block has been converted to rely on the ajaxblocks module. This is not working 100% perfectly, and needs a little investigation, particularly to ensure that terms are rendered as expected, and that the toggle feature works as expected.
When looking at specimens cache is not updated. specimens from the first species are always displayed. For example visit Lygistorrhina carayoni:
and then L. austroafricana:
Specimens of carayioni are displayed instead of africana.
CTRL+F5 clears the cache temporarily but next species is displayed with carayioni specimens again
Hi there, when I add new descriptions the species name appears twice in the brown bar on the page (see screen dump), and the convenient buttons to edit directly from the page seem to have disappeared. You can see the effect on the front page also, in the list of recently added descriptions. The problem seems to be associated with a temporary glitch I noticed a few days ago when the Issues tab got misplaced.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Many of the issues we are having regarding page load times are due to the time it takes to render the tinytax block. Having the block created and rendered separately to the page should help speed up page load times.
I have added the ajaxblocks module, and configured it to work only with the tinytax block (this could be reviewed in future). I have also patched the module slightly, so that the content returned will be cached by Varnish (which is perfectly safe for the Tinytax block).
In order to resolve some issues, including #3687, with the OG module, we should upgrade it to the 7.x-2.x branch/version.
Dear Scratchpad team,
I would like to edit a view to display the bibliography in a style such as a simple list of publication (similar to what was available on the previous site, see http://jemu.myspecies.info/biblio). In JEMU's Scratchpad v2, I miss two actions:
- Adding the field "Journal" (many fields can be added but not "journal").
- Adding the possibility to add some fields on the same line than the previous one.
See my draft: http://s2.jemu.myspecies.info/references.
Or is there another way to edit the view displayed for the bibliography?
Thank you for your help!
when I import my taxonomy after adding and modifying data in the excel sheet I get all kinds of problems. For example a lot of the taxa are now duplicated... even though they are only once in the file. I attach my taxonomy excel file here.
It is quite frustrating because this would mean that I have to redo the classification directly on the website.
The numbers don't seem to match either.
For example. The genus annona is in twice (once ok, and once at the beginning of the taxonomy) and gets the GUID numbers:
96b6663c-def2-49b3-9a4d-02e97a281a87 (not in my excel file)
2be1c934-0e4c-4c08-8390-80e1757a27f0 (in my excel file)
If you could help me understand and fix this it would be great!
when I download the import file form the scratchpad all taxon names are duplicated now (see attached file)... I really don't get this.
So I imported the file with the date 02122013, and then I exported the file with the date: 03122013.
For some reason I have to login several times before it takes effect. I suspect this is because of OpenID as preferred login. Can we do something about it?
Feature #3728 (Active): Discuss how to filter users and control access to bibliography PDFs and s...
Discuss how to filter users and control access to bibliography PDFs and society only information.
Taken from members list ticket.
When using users as 'people' it is possible to have hundreds of users listed. There is no easy way to find/filter users by name to edit an individual. The only way to do it is sort by name, then page thrugh until you find the right person.
A field work participant is listed as a person. He wants to become a user/maintainer to edit items. It was not easy to troll through the hundreds of records to find him, so a new user was created and given the editing role, thus creating two users who are really the same person.
When you go to content->file->images (or any file type) you should be able use VBO to modify the titles of the files (ie the field which appears as the caption). Currently the VBO option 'modify values' does not include this field as an option to bulk modify.
Yes it is possible to do this via grid method - but as there are no thumbnails in this view, it is difficult to know which files need modifying.
It should be possible to set whether content in a group is open or closed by default.
No matter what we change the title to on block 3 of the front page, it still displays the same! Can you fix,please/
Trying to edit a taxon from a taxon page (link: http://sphingidae.myspecies.info/taxonomy/term/18#overlay=taxonomy/term/18/edit%3Fdestination%3Dtaxonomy/term/18) results in a generic "Error" message.
If the taxonomy is edited from the editor (Structure>Taxonomy>Edit Terms) clicking on edit for a taxon results in the following error:
An AJAX HTTP error occurred.
HTTP Result Code: 500
Debugging information follows.
StatusText: Service unavailable (with message)
The licence information for images in antkey.org does not match what is shown in the facets in the media gallery.
See all the images created by "Alexander L. Wild" which incorrectly have a CC BY-SA licence when they actually are "All rights reserved".